For a website to succeed it sometimes needs far more than just a great design. Here we talk about the additional extras we offer that goes beyond just a great design.
Before you get started with us:
3 key areas you must take into consideration when building your website with us:
1. Logo Design & Branding - Websites are usually designed and styled to be in keeping with a businesses branding, which usually comes from the companys logo. As a logo can dictate the font, colours, style and general feel of a website, it's crucial to get a logo designed and styled around what your business does, who it serves and what makes it different.
If you don't have a logo, we have a logo design service where we can create some initial concepts, work with you on the design until you're 100% happy with it and we then provide the high resolution formats for all of your printing needs. We can refresh, update or completely revamp a logo however if you're working to a budget we also provide a free text based logo with all of our website designs.
2. Domain Name and Emails - It's a good idea to know what domain you want your new website to be published on and what email addresses you need. If you don't already own a domain it's always worth checking those suitable to you are still available for registration through a Who Is search.
3. Required Functionality - Does your website need additional functionality? For example, do you need to be able to take payment from your website, have bespoke form calculations or even take bookings through your site. Each of these requests can incur addition fees so it's very important to be clear with us and know yourself exactly what you're looking to get out of your website.
During the website build
It might be that as you progress with the website build, you want to add extra functionality or items to the project that weren't included in your initial quote. That's absolutely fine! You can add extra upgrades and functionality to your website project at any time. Here are some upgrades that are commonly purchased during the website build:
1. Bespoke Holding Page - Create a temporary holding page on your domain so your customers know the website is under construction and to check back soon.
2. Extra page allowance and/or image allowance - You may find as you build the website that you want to exceed your chosen page allocation or you need to be able to add more than your allocated image allowance. It's a normal thing to experience when creating a website as you may find you want to add more than you had initially required. You can upgrade your package at any time during the website process or you can take a look at adding one of our bundles if you only wanted to add more images/ files / mailboxes or so on.
3. Private Login Area Functionality - Our login area provides you with the ability to put certain pages under lock and key. Most commonly used for staff areas or client member pages.
4. Forms - Create bespoke, custom forms to capture the precise client data you desire
5. Stock Imagery - We have a stock library that you can select up to 10 images from for free, included in your package. However, if you wanted to you can upgrade to exceed that amount.
6. Bespoke Illustrations / Graphics - We can quote for any bespoke illustrations or graphics that you would like made such as icons, maps and more. These can then be provided in high resolution formats to use for your printing purposes.
Post Publication Upgrades
1. Social Media setups and branding - We can set up all major social media pages for you such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin and more. We can also brand them to be in keeping with your new website.
2. Blog - We have a blogging platform of our own which is built into our content management system. You can upgrade to having a blog added at any time in your website build so that you can create, post and share articles from your website.
3. Google Services - There are a number of Google Services that you can purchase that we can set up for you. Google My Business is very beneficial to have which is an umbrella for services such as Google Places, Google Analytics and more.
4. Favicon - We can create a little favicon using an element from your logo or branding to add to the browser bar so that it is in keeping with your website.
5. Toolkit Broadcast - Use our Broadcast service to manage your very own email marketing campaigns. We can create bespoke email layouts for you to use to send out to your client base to advertise, send special offers and more.
6. Email Signatures - We can create bespoke email signatures for you to use in your email client platforms.
7. Responsive Design - If you have a website with us that is not yet on our responsive platform we recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible in order to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. You can check if your website passes Google's mobile-friendly test here.
Redesigning your website
Design trends change very quickly, which is why we recommend redesigning a website every 2-3 years. A redesign doesn't necessarily mean changing your website completely, you can add to it and refresh certain elements over the years to keep it fresh and up to date.
If you did decide on a completely new logo, branding and style, then you could also embark on a redesign project with us to get the website looking exactly how you'd like it to.
You can take a look at some redesign examples in our portfolio.
If you're interested in starting a project with Toolkit Websites, why not give our New Business Team a call today?